The end of the academic year is here and you might be looking for some unique or highly sought after gifts for teachers, staff, and coaches. Here are a few ideas for home run end of the year gifts. (Note: This is NOT a sponsored post).
- Unique treats – The not your run-of-the-mill food items are a good route to go. Check out Mrs. Prindable’s Gourmet Caramel Apples. One teacher touted them as “the best food gift I’ve ever received.”
- The candle everyone loves – I have yet to meet anyone who doesn’t love the Capri Blue Volcano candle. Seriously. It’s easily available at Anthropologie or Nordstrom (sometimes AJ’s Fine Foods) as well as online retailers.
- Find something for everyone in the same place – Have you been to Giftology yet? They market the store as “perfecting gift giving.” They really have done it. From high end water tumblers to handmade soaps, they’ve got it all.
- Get pampered – Have you heard that your gift recipient likes to be pampered or noticed her nails are always painted or his beard nicely trimmed? Think about a salon or spa gift card. SpaFinder actually allows the recipient to choose from a long list of properties including resorts, salons, spas, and even fitness centers. Bonus is you can buy a gift card online and print it from your computer as a last minute gift.
- The never-fail gift – I’ve asked around more than is probably acceptable, and the answer I’ve gotten most often to “what’s the best teacher gift you’ve ever received” is… gift cards. This gives the recipient “cash” for the summer to head over to Target or Home Depot for necessities or a fun outing.
The thing to remember is don’t gift something that you think is cute or that you would like. Think about what the gift recipient might like or actually use. That will always be the best gift.
What is the best thing you have received or given?
**This is not a sponsored post, I just wanted to share some great products and businesses to help your end of the year gift giving ideas.