During pregnancy I had a major sweet tooth! Now, after the baby, that sweet tooth just won’t go away. The battle between sugar and the gym are really starting to hate each other. I had to turn to some healthy guilt free desserts to satisfy my cravings and not feel bad afterwards. One of my favorite Holiday desserts is apple pie, so I searched until I found a similar recipe with NO sugar but a similar taste.
Warm Cinnamon Apple Skillet
Here is what you will need:
- ½ cup water (keep some extra on hand)
- 6 Granny Smith Apples
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Peel and chop up apples into fairly small pieces
2. Turn on skillet to medium-low and add water, apples, and cinnamon
3. Stir until the apples are soft (about 6-10 minutes)
– If water dries out add a little more as you cook to keep moist
4. Once apples are soft divide them into serving bowls and serve warm.
5. Top with whipped cream, sugar free ice cream or the new high protein ice creams, nuts or yogurt!
A simple guilt free desert that is quick and delicious!
Note: Apples can be stored in refrigerator up to 5 days. This is also a great side dish for kids who have a hard time eating their fruits!