Anyone else dying to do holiday crafts and activities with your little ones but find they are just a bit too small? My little one has zero interest and would rather put all the materials in her mouth rather than create anything on paper. She is also 3 months old and has little coordination to possibly complete anything but eat her hands!
A couple of years ago I got to sub in the infant room at a child care that I worked at. I was so excited to hang out with a bunch of cuties all day long! It was around the time of Halloween so I got to help participate in a cute craft with the other teachers. This craft is very quick and simple that you can do at home with your little one.
Here is what you will need:
- Paint brush
- orange washable paint
- Brown paint (Brown marker or crayon will work too)
- White paper or card stock
- A cute little baby
The first part you might have to move quick because the craft could end up a little messier then it needs to be.
- Make sure all materials are out and ready. Pour the orange paint onto a paper plate or bowl.
- This is the part where you need to move fast. Take off baby’s diaper and lay baby on their tummy. Begin to paint their bottom orange. Make sure to cover completely in orange to get a good stamp.
see how this can get messy….
3. Once their bottom is painted, turn them around and place them onto the white paper.
Stamp that tushy down!
4. Feel free to use wet wipes, a wash cloth, or put them right into the bath tub.
5. Their little bottom should make a small round pumpkin shape on the paper. You can fill in any spaces with the paint if you desire. You can use the brown paint or marker to make the stem.
6. Once the pumpkin dries you can make a silly face on it or leave it orange.
It’s cute, simple, and fun to see the little pumpkin grow if you choose to do this for several years.
Happy Fall everyone!