We are expanding our team of regular writers again! We’re looking for local (Metro Phoenix area) moms who are passionate about our community and love to share stories and wisdom with others. This is a volunteer position, but there are some really fun perks to make it all worthwhile. Note: you do NOT have to be a blogger to apply!
Here’s the “job description”:
What You GIVE
- One original post/month on topics of your choice (within the brand and mission of SMB)
- Twelve month commitment, beginning in September or October 2017
- Available to help with Mom’s Night Out events
- A passion for moms, kids, and the Metro Phoenix area (where you also live, of course)
- Reliable, team-oriented, flexible & fun attitude
What You GET
- Your photo and bio on the Scottsdale Mom’s Blog Meet Our Contributors page (with links to your personal blog and/or Social Media handles if you choose to share them)
- Access to the SMB Contributors Facebook group
- Opportunity to test products and/or visit local businesses for review purposes
- Continuing education and professional development in the areas of writing, blogging, SEO, social media and event management
- Access to pre-sale tickets or free entry to Scottsdale Moms Blog events
- Coffee shop meetings, hugs, new friends, and play dates
What To DO
- Send us links to two blog posts (please send links to specific posts that showcase your best blogging/writing rather than the link to your blog’s home page) OR send two (2) articles you have written to [email protected]
- Include a little about yourself, an explanation of why you’d like to be included on the SMB regular contributors list, and tell us your niche (if you have one: health and fitness, humor, crafts/DIY, working mom perspective, etc.)
- Make it all happen by August 30, 2017
About Our Decision….
- Many factors influence our final decision on who is the best fit for our team.Often we are looking to fill a particular topic/niche area or style of writing. If it isn’t you this time (or if it wasn’t you last time), please know it may have nothing to do with how much we like your writing, or you as a person/mom/friend/neighbor.
- The Contributor role is more of a commitment (with more perks) than some moms are ready for due to pregnancy, new babies, or just this busy time of life we’re in. If you would like to write for Scottsdale Moms Blog in a Guest Blogger capacity (occasional guest posts with no other commitments and no freebie perks), just fill out our guest blogger form.
- Our decision process will take approximately 1-2 weeks.New Contributors will be notified by mid-September. Then there will be an orientation/on-boarding period with at least one mandatory in-person meeting or one-on-one phone call, and new Contributors can begin submitting their first post by the end of the month.
Need more convincing? Check out Rebecca’s post on top 4 reasons to write for smb from our last all call!