All day long, mother’s work so hard to take care of their family and home. Whether she is a working mom or a stay at home mom, her job is never ending and doesn’t get any vacation days. Mother’s Day is the perfect time to show mom how grateful you are for what she does for the family, but showing how much you care doesn’t always have to be complicated or expensive, Moms just want to know they are loved. Read on to find some easy ways to make this Mother’s day even more special.
1) Have Mom’s favorite coffee drink (or mimosa?!) and her favorite magazine waiting on her nightstand when she wakes up. Then give mom some time to quietly sip and read in peace before her day begins. Breakfast, hot and ready, when she finally emerges wouldn’t hurt either.
2) A handwritten letter or card is one of the most thoughtful things you could do. Skip the 5 dollar Hallmark cards and choose a simple blank card to write your own message of love and appreciation to your mom. Your words are going to be more meaningful than any store bought card could express.
3) Take pictures with Mom. Most mothers spend so much time filling up cameras with pictures of their kids, but to have a nice portrait of mom with her kids would be special. It doesn’t have to be fancy or posed. You can make them silly and natural, show mom and the kids having fun together. You get extra bonus points if you print the best one and frame it for her later in the week!
4) Clean the house, the whole house. Sweep, mop, laundry, toilets, toys, dusting, dishes, anything you can think of. Give mom some time to relax while the rest of the family tackles the chores.
5) Hugs and kisses ALL.DAY.LONG. It doesn’t get much easier than this, every hour on the hour, give Mom a giant hug and kiss and tell her how much you love and appreciate her.
How do you plan to make Mother’s Day extra special this year?