Thanks so much to Adventure Trunk for sponsoring this giveaway! I received a box to review for this post, and all opinions are my own. -Sarah
See that dude up there? Too big for a trike, but his feet barely reach those pedals. Old enough to know what he wants (AHEM, three-year-olds, anyone?), but not old enough to have/do so many things. To make matters worse, this one is a lone boy sandwiched between two sisters, one who abandons him and heads off to kindergarten every day and another who delights in wrecking his LEGO creations.
Life is rough on him sometimes, so I was excited to get the chance to review Adventure Trunk’s monthly subscription box designed just for preschoolers. Adventure Trunk’s service sends one box every month full of teacher-approved activities for 2-4 year olds with weekly projects in math, reading, and art.
Our Adventure Trunk arrived packaged beautifully and tied with a ribbon, which made it all the more exciting for my preschooler. We got the box pictured above, with a total of 12 activities – four weeks, each with a math, art, and reading/critical thinking project.
I loved how the projects were individually bagged and labeled, making it easy for me to choose one without getting into all the supplies at once. The instruction booklet guided us through each activity with suggestions for adapting it to my son’s age and ability.
The very best part of our experience with Adventure Trunk was having a special, dedicated activity to do with my preschooler. When you have multiple kids in the house, it’s easy (and often necessary) to lump everybody together when it comes to fun and learning. Since he’s a middle child, that usually means my son is tagging along after an older sister, or doing baby stuff with a much younger one. He absolutely loved knowing this stuff was just for him, and I loved having all the work done ahead of time for me!
And now, the GIVEAWAY!
One lucky SMB reader will win one monthly box from Adventure Trunk ($48 value). I think this would be perfect for:
- a big sibling just getting used to a new baby who needs some special time with mom
- a spring break “curriculum” for preschoolers who will need to keep busy
- a homeschooling family with little ones who want to “do school” alongside older siblings
a “save it for a 115° day” project, looking ahead to our long indoor summers
- supplemental learning or summer break practice for kids just getting ready for preschool or kindergarten
If any of those sound like you or your child, enter to win below! Good luck, and happy learning!
Contest Rules & Entry
* Contest limited to Arizona residents only. One entry per person per method of entry. Be sure to enter a separate comment for each method of entry (one comment for Twitter, one comment for Pinterest, etc.). Winner will be drawn randomly from comments on the post and social media posts and follows will be verified before confirming the winner.
1. COMMENT: Leave a comment below telling us how you would use your Adventure Trunk
2. TWITTER: Follow Scottsdale Moms Blog on Twitter and share the giveaway (you can just copy/paste this message into your tweet or click here to tweet directly – Educational activities for preschoolers! Great #giveaway at @ScottsdaleMoms this week! http://bit.ly/ON22T3. After you’ve followed and tweeted, come back here and leave a comment here saying you did so.
Giveaway winner will be randomly drawn on Friday, March 7 and will be notified by email. Good luck!