Since having our 6 1/2 month old, Sedona, in February our life has been a whirlwind! Even though it seems like yesterday that we just brought her home, being parents has been so rewarding. It’s fun, hectic, stressful, and beautiful all rolled into one. Now that she’s getting older, which is so crazy to say, I’m getting more “mommy” time back for doing and discovering new things.
I’ve realized how motherhood, lack of sleep and post pregnancy can affect your skin. I’ve always used natural skincare products by using the Belli Skincare line, but I’ve also discovered some other awesome brands as well.
- Citrine Natural Beauty Bar is a great local store in Phoenix where I go for my natural skincare and makeup products. Some of my favorite brands they carry are; Kypris, Patyka, May Lindstrom, Tata Harper, and Ilia, for their tinted lip conditioners.
- I’m obsessed with May Lindstrom The Honey Mud, that I use as a mask or a cleanser
- The Youth Dew, which is face oil that can be applied day or night for hydration.
- Also, Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask, that controls breakouts
- Restorative Eye Cream, to ward off pesky dark circles from many late night/early morning feedings.
Whenever my skin needs a pick me up, I apply one of my masks and take a couple minutes of “me” time while daddy is doing story time. I just feel good knowing everything I put on my face is completely natural. Both of Tata and Mays products smell amazing with hints of honey and floral essences. Some products can work great, but have an awful smell. Besides the fact the store has a lot of goodies, Citrine is one of my favorite Instagram pages. It’s fun, new, there’s always a promotion going on, and exciting products coming out. They’re also very helpful by answering any questions or concerns you may have just by a direct DM or a quick email. Their team is amazing and they love what they do!
Jessica Joas is a native of Detroit, Michigan where she received a Bachelors in Journalism and Broadcasting from Wayne State University. She moved to Scottsdale 8 years ago to pursue a career in marketing and to escape the cold Michigan winters. She married her soulmate,Tony, in 2015 and left her career as a Marketing Director to become a mom. As parents of two angel babies, they were beyond blessed to welcome their 7 month old rainbow, Sedona, in February 2017. She loves spending time with her beautiful family, Fall in the desert , Bravo,being a mommy blogger, her Starbucks and chasing after Sedona.