The holiday decorations are put away (almost!) and we’re starting to get back into our usual routines. There’s no better way to relax after some busy weeks than to enjoy National Bubble Bath Day (January 8). What better way to celebrate than by adding a new toy to the mix?! Here are a few great options:
My daughter was thrilled to open the package from The First Years and shrieked with excitement when she saw The First Years – Disney The Little Mermaid Bath Squirt Toys! The three-pack of bath toys included Flounder, Sebastian, and of course, Ariel. They were the perfect size for her and she immediately set up a tea party for the familiar characters. She ended the day by playing with them in a warm bubble bath and seeing which one could squirt water the farthest (Ariel won!). These colorful bath toys are great for ages six months and older. (Finding Nemo Bath Squirt Toys also available; including Nemo, Dory, and Squirt)
A bath toy that is fun for all ages is SoapSox. They are cuddly friends that also get your little ones squeaky clean and allows their imagination to run wild. Two of the characters that SoapSox offers include Charlotte the Seal and Hunter the Gator, but there are 10 more and 6 Disney characters so there is bound to be at least one your child will adore. The SoapSox characters are machine washable and can be used with your favorite liquid or bar soap. I did learn that a travel size bar soap fits best in the soap pocket. All three of my children ages 3, 5, and 7 enjoyed the sudsy and cuddly wash toy.
If you’re looking for an interactive bath toy that encourages fine motor skills, the Playgro Flowing Bath Tap and Cups for ages 12+ months would be a great surprise for your little ones on National Bubble Bath Day. My youngest child had a lot of fun moving the seahorse’s arms and giggled throughout bath time because of the flowing water coming out of the mouth. He also liked that he could control the water flow by pressing on the belly to turn it off and on. It is important to note that it requires 3 AA batteries that are not included. Also, the bottom part of the tail must be submerged in water for it to work properly. The suction cups were easily removed from the bathtub wall by my son both accidentally and on purpose. He did learn to help put it back on the tub wall and had so much fun splashing around with the new toy.
At our house, bath time always comes after a delicious, messy dinner. Marcus & Marcus was generous enough to send a package with six of their wonderful products:
- Baby Bib: Don’t be fooled by the name, our preschooler was thrilled to put on her cute new elephant bib right away! Mom and Dad were thrilled by the double knob closure that actually kept the bib on throughout the entire meal, the wonderful built-in crumb catcher, and the easy to clean material! Even the waiter at dinner asked where he could buy this mess-reducing bib.
- Silicone Rubber Collapsible Bowl: I love when containers can take up less space in our cabinets!
- Learning Chopsticks: Very intuitive to our toddler! All of the pieces come apart and it’s top shelf dishwasher safe, making it easy to clean, too.
- Feeding Spoon: This is a perfect spoon for little ones. The soft silicone is gentle on baby gums and easy for both big and small hands to grip!
- Teether: This product has a beautiful design and it’s great that it is freezer safe, too!
- Placemat: Adorable characters make meal time even more engaging! This is big enough to catch messes, but also easy to roll up and throw in the diaper bag for on-the-go meals! Our daughter was eager to replace her old placemat with this. It grips on to our table and even her rubber-bottomed dishes grip well.
All of the Marcus & Marcus products listed are made from food grade silicone rubber and are BPA Free, PVC Free, and Phthalate Free. The silicone rubber is soft to the touch and easy for little hands to grip. They are also all top-rack dishwasher safe. The Silicone Rubber Collapsible Container, the Feeding Spoon, and the Teether are also microwave safe and freezer safe! I love having the option to put our daughter’s bowl in the freezer for a few minutes before I serve dinner so her bowl can cool the food fast when I’m ready to serve the meal. Each of the products listed are available in five animal characters: Marcus the Lion, Pokey the Pig, Lola the Giraffe, Ollie the Elephant, and Willo the Whale.
A big thank you to The First Years, SoapSox®, Playgro, and Marcus & Marcus for sending us these great products! We loved trying them out.
What are your children’s favorite bath toys and bubble bath products?