Is your mouth-watering yet?
I am a huge fan of going to farmers markets. I love the fresh fruits and vegetables, but even more I love the little treasures I find at the markets. Here in the Scottsdale and Phoenix area, we have some fantastic local farms and farmers markets that provide some of the most amazing produce and goods. I thought since “spring has sprung”, it would be a good time to share with you all my favorite local farmers’ markets in our amazing community. If you know of a local market that I left out, please share, we would love to know about it!
Located Cactus Road/92nd Street: 9080 E. Cactus Rd., Scottsdale
Market Open: Thursday 8:30am –
The Simple Farm is one of the cities few local suburban farms. Using organic practices they grow and sell their own gourmet vegetables, flowers, fruit and herbs at the French – inspired farmers market.
My favorite finds:
Farmstead Goat Milk Caramel’s with Sea Salt & Bourbon Vanilla – simply amazing piece of delicious-ness in your mouth!
- Farm Fresh Eggs – can’t beat fresh eggs. Did you know that they are so fresh you don’t even need to refrigerate them?
- Local fruits and veggies – When tomato season is here – they have some amazing tomatoes too!
- The breads, honey, homemade peanut butter, and fudge cannot be missed either.
- It is fun to take the kids, they can visit the goats and chickens while you shop!
Located 101/ Thomas Road
Market Open: Saturdays 9:00am -1:00pm
They have lots of produce growing everywhere, a market where they sell their produce and grocery items. When you walk around the farm you will find a huge tee-pee that kids love, and a fun chicken coop with lots of “residents” to watch. The farm also has an outdoor kitchen where guest chefs cook up some farm fresh food to devour!
- Honey Blackberry Bran Muffin – an amazing sticky bun that you would want to devour.
- Farm Fresh Raw Honey
- Honey mustard and Pretzels – they are the best!
- Local fresh fruits and veggies
- Delicious fresh squeezed juices at their “Juice Box”
Market Open: Saturdays 9:00am – 1:00pm
They feature local growers and specialty food producers, including apples, flowers, natural meets, free range eggs and local cheeses; freshly baked breads, Jams, tamales and just some great local foods. Very family friendly.
- They have large selection of fruits and vegetables – great place to go for your weekly produce shopping
- There is the most AMAZING french bakery there from Frogs Organic Bakery in Tucson that serves up a chocolate croissant that is to DIE FOR! I literally crave them and will make a special trip to get one when they are up in Phoenix at this market.
- My daughter loves the homemade Basil-Peach fruit popsicle and I really enjoy the cucumber one!
- The fresh Alaskan Salmon is wonderful, and love the raw honey and Jams.
- The tamales are also fantastic
Location Marshall Way and Indian School, 7042 E. Indian School Road, 85251
Market Open: Sundays 9:30am – 2:00pm
Local farm produce includes fresh veggies and fruit, baked goods, honey and lots of other yummy grocery goods.
Location Shea Blvd and 101, 8740 E Shea Blvd, 85260
Market Open: Saturdays 8:00am -1:00pm (year-round)
The North Scottsdale Farmers Market is every Saturday morning and serves the entire community with fresh and local produce, grass-fed and all natural meat, wild caught seafood, deserts that are gluten-free and free of artificial sweeteners.
The most amazing thing about this market is that you can order your fresh items and either request a “pick-up” and they will bring items to your car FREE or they will deliver within a 15 mile radius to your house! Isn’t that amazing! So for all the busy moms out there, you can order your food and items online and just drive to market and never get out of the car! Click here on to learn more about how to order pick up or delivery.
My Favorite Finds:
- Fantastic assortment of fruits and vegetables – and I love the grocery items
- Rick’s Cheesecakes – Coconut Cream Cheesecake – heavenly!!
- They have some fabulous vendor, too!
Location 24th Street and Camelback, 2425 E Camelback Rd., 85016
Market Open: Fridays, 9:30am – 2:00pm (Closes in May for the summer)
They have local seasonal produce, honey, local ranchers with grass-fed meats. There are some great salsa, humus, cheeses, sweet treats and artisan breads.
- Crow’s Dairy makes some amazing goat cheese
- Fresh veggies and fruits – great for stocking up the house with healthy goodness!
- I love the goatsmilk soaps and lotions from Udderly Natural Products
Location: Central & Northern
Market Open: Saturdays, 9:00am – 1:00pm
Central Farmers Market is a small grocer for the Central Corridor. The market sells local, fresh & natural: vegetables, fruits, herbs, dairy, eggs, cheeses, meats, breads, coffee, and other hand-made artisan items.
Location: 51 & 36th Street, 3502 E Cactus Rd, 85032
Market Open: Saturdays 8:00am – 1:00pm (open all year)
They have local farm produce including fresh vegetables and fruit, baked goods, honey, jams and jellies, natural pork, beef and fish. It’s located at Roadrunner Park which includes a large children’s playground with play equipment, a fishing pond, ducks and geese on premises.
Hope you visit one of our amazing farmers markets this week! Enjoy!
Here are some other links about our farmers markets you might enjoy:
*Sticky bun picture courtesy of Singh Farms