I like cooking. Really, I do. But I must admit motherhood has taken some of the joy out of it for me. Most evenings I find myself feeling like this…
(Can I get an Amen?)
And while I like cooking, I’m not a huge fan of baking. Maybe it’s because of the measuring? Or perhaps, it’s because I’d rather devour a plate of French fries or chips and guac rather than eat a plate of cookies? I’m not quite sure.
Regardless, I do love me a good holiday cookie party. Fortunately for me, I have three of them I’ll be attending this year. It’s nice to have some go-to no-bake (okay, not exactly cookies, but you get the idea) recipes to add to your cookie recipe roster. So I thought it would be fun to share one.
One of my fave recipes for holiday cookie parties is Rice Krispie Wreath Treats. Ladies, it never disappoints. Promise. Plus, I love how easy they are to put together and my daughters love to help decorate them.
(Another cool bonus is that since Rice Krispies are dairy/egg/gluten free it’s an easy recipe to adapt for someone suffering with a food allergy or intolerance like my daughter.)
Without further ado, the details:
Rice Krispie Wreath Treats
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (10 ounce) package regular marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies®
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
- Assorted candies
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in food coloring.
2. Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using 1/4-cup measuring cup (coated with cooking spray) portion cereal mixture. Using buttered hands each portion into small wreath. Decorate with frosting and/or candies.