Did you know it was October? I know, right? That was fast. I swear we were just in the middle of summer fun and back to school.
Despite what the thermometer says outside, it is in fact, fall. Fall is one of my favorite seasons for many reasons. Like spring, it means cool nights and warm days. It means jeans and boots. It means fall colors and changes in the home decor. AND, it means fall festivities!
One of my favorite things to do with my kids every fall is visit a farm. We love to wander through mazes, eat fresh grilled corn on the cob, and wander a pumpkin patch finding just the right one. Not to mention petting zoos, fresh produce and hay rides. For the last four years, we’ve taken our kids to visit a different Arizona farm that boasted many of these fine fall festivities. All offer different things but all promise a fun-filled fall day!
1. MacDonalds Ranch – Located right off Scottsdale Rd in North Scottsdale it’s practically in your own backyard. And if you were lucky enough to grab a Groupon for this one last week, it makes the trip to this farm even sweeter!
2. Tolmachoff Farms – Located in central Glendale, this is a great farm, especially if one doesn’t want to drive very far! It offers a wide variety of activities for kids of all ages.
3. Schnepf Farms – Located in Queen Creek, is one of the premier farms in the valley. Listed as one of Phoenix’s Best, a trip to Schnepf farms is sure to be a lot of fun.
4. Mortimer Family Farms – If you’re a valley native, you probably remember Young’s Farm in Prescott Valley. You might also remember them moving away (or at least know it was gone). Well, the Mortimer Family has since purchased the land and turned it into Mortimer Farms. This farm is where we are heading this year, this Saturday to be exact. And I must say, I’m super excited to check it out!
5. Freeman Farms – Located a little further, Freeman Farms is outside Prescott in Chino Valley. We hit this one up with the kids a few years ago. We LOVED it. It provided the perfect day trip for our family and my girls still talk about it.
While these are just some of my favorites, Arizona offers MANY more farms and pumpkin patches this time of year. You can check out this link which provides a full listing of Arizona fall fun for your family.